Toyota K747 Knitting Machine Instruction and Service Manuals

When I partially dismantled my K747 knitting machine I wasn’t able to clean it out much because I couldn’t get it completely opened up. I was thrilled to find a copy of the Service Manual as a free PDF, and can’t wait until I have a spare weekend to get in there are de-gunk it.

When I first got the machine, I had no idea what model it was. Thankfully the folks at Newton Knits did, and were able to guide me to the right replacement sponge bar and needles, as well as a copy of the instruction manual.

I’ve noticed that there are a ton of people selling PDFs of the scanned manuals, for a king’s ransom. One on eBay was $15 plus $4 shipping for a CD with the PDF on it. Mind you this is a PDF that the seller didn’t even author, they just scanned the book. Someone else holds the copyright.

I was able to find the instruction manual for the lace carriage as a free PDF, which led me to copies of the service manual and instruction manual for the machine itself. I’m making them available here for anyone who so desires them, free of charge.

Toyota K747 Instruction Manual
Toyota K747 Service Manual
Toyota K747 Lace Carriage Manual

If you have a different machine you need a manual for, check out this link. They list a huge number of free knitting machine manuals, many direct from the manufacturers.

11 thoughts on “Toyota K747 Knitting Machine Instruction and Service Manuals

1. Jessica says:

Thanks so much for sharing this!

2. Carlene Bishop says:

I have removed all needles from knitting machine and got a new sponge bar. Cannot get needles back into A position so have tried to remove housing to see where theneedles go. Can’t get top off, have something holding it, instruction show to remove cap, where is this cap? Thanks

1. Kellbot says:

Hi Carlene,
      Is yours a 747? There are a couple sneaky screws, in particular one hiding under the pattern selector dials. You’ve got to pop off the cover to expose them. I don’t have mine nearby right now, but if you look at the diagram posted above it shows where a number of the cap screws are.

3. Clarisse says:

Thank you for sharing your manuals! I’ve added them to the Toyota Group’s Resource Library. Our yahoo group gets all kinds of questions on this particular model of Toyota machine and these manuals will help them out immensely.

4. S says:

Thank you so much for posting this!! i saw on Ebay as well the .pdfs for sale when i was looking for replacement punchcards. Not good form like your website :)

5. Debbie says:

Do you have a copy of the Pattern Books for the Toyota K747?

1. Kellbot says:

I looked around but didn’t see one, sorry! If one pops up I’ll let you know.

6. zineb says:

I have a machine Toyota 747..but I don’t know how to us it…could you help me

7. Bruna says:

I have a Toyota 787 machine, but I have not the lace carriage manual. May you help me?

8. epsilontik says:

Thank you for sharing the manuals. Especially the service manual is so helpful for maintaining my beloved knitting dinosaur.

@Debbie: I own a manual with patterns for the Toyota K747 but I┬┤m not sure about the copyright. Is it allowed to copy the pattern book and share it here for download?

1. Kelly says:

Technically the manuals are still copyright to Toyota, but I haven’t gotten the impression they care (particularly if you’re not selling the manual). My policy has been to offer old manuals like these freely and if the copyright holder asks me to take it down I will.