Warning: this post contains major spoilers for Stranger Things season 1. If you do not want to know what happens in the series do not read any further!
The end of Stranger Things season 1 left a lot of unanswered questions, which is not surprising to anyone. Various websites have put together lists of questions which are all things obviously meant to be ambiguous. Let’s address a few of them before moving on:
Is El still alive?
Beth Barb really dead?
Yes, obviously. She seemed pretty clearly dead from the moment she got pulled into the pool. Her character wasn’t particularly well developed. She exists only for the purpose of getting Nancy involved in the story. She’s not coming back.
Edit: see she is such a non-character that I got her name wrong.
Is Dr Brenner really dead?
First rule of Hollywood: if you don’t see the bad guy die on screen, he is not dead.
What’s with Will and the slugs and the upside-down?
Gee I guess we’ll have to wait ’til season 2 comes out to find out!
Ok, with those out of the way, here are some of my questions. And whether I think we’ll find the answers.
- How is/was the Demagorgon moving between the normal world and Upside-Down? He’s obviously popping out in places without using the Big Ass Gate. Does he control openings like the one that idiot Nancy crawled into? Or do they just show up whenever someone cuts themselves?
Odds of getting an answer next season: pretty high
- Who is Mr Clark’s girlfriend and did she dump him after he interrupted their date to tell some kids how to make a saltwater tank?
Odds of getting an answer: maybe
- Did insurance cover the damages to Joyce’s house, or did they have to cover it out of pocket? If so, how? If she doesn’t have the cash for a new phone, she definitely doesn’t have the cash to repair the fire/hatchet/etc damage.
Answer odds: low
- Did Mike’s mom realize the hairs she found in the basement were from a wig?
Answer odds: nil
- Why on earth did Hopper think they’d be able to get into the lab the 2nd time around?
Answer odds: medium. I think we’ll learn a lot more about Hop next season.
- What happened to the other 2 Bad Men in the scene where Hopper comes to get the kids from the junkyard? Did he pop all 3 of them or what?
Answer odds: nil
- If the series makes it up to 1988 will there be Heathers and Beetlejuice references?
Answer odds: slim
- Does anyone else refer to Steve as Steve Holt?
Answer odds: tell me in the comments!
Filed under: Uncategorized