I almost didn’t see them, but this morning I noticed there are two peas hanging from my dwarf sugar pea plant in the windowfarm. Soon I’ll have delicious peas to eat!

First Peas

I’ve made a little headway on my yellowing leaves issue, with the help of my giant hydroponics textbook. It may actually be a nutrient deficiency, specifically nitrogen. I’ve been running a rather dilute nutrient solution because so many of my plants were young, but the peas took off quickly and I think they needed more sooner than I gave it to them. The nice thing about having totally separate reservoirs for each column is that I can give the sugar peas a different mix than what I’m putting on my herbs, though they’re starting to look like mature plants now too.