Warning: this post contains major spoilers for Stranger Things season 1. If you do not want to know what happens in the series do not read any further!
The end of Stranger Things season 1 left a lot of unanswered questions, which is not surprising to anyone. Various websites have put together lists of questions which are all things obviously meant to be ambiguous. Let’s address a few of them before moving on:
Is El still alive?
Beth Barb really dead?
Yes, obviously. She seemed pretty clearly dead from the moment she got pulled into the pool. Her character wasn’t particularly well developed. She exists only for the purpose of getting Nancy involved in the story. She’s not coming back.
Edit: see she is such a non-character that I got her name wrong.
Is Dr Brenner really dead?
First rule of Hollywood: if you don’t see the bad guy die on screen, he is not dead.
What’s with Will and the slugs and the upside-down?
Gee I guess we’ll have to wait ’til season 2 comes out to find out!
Ok, with those out of the way, here are some of my questions. And whether I think we’ll find the answers.
- How is/was the Demagorgon moving between the normal world and Upside-Down? He’s obviously popping out in places without using the Big Ass Gate. Does he control openings like the one that idiot Nancy crawled into? Or do they just show up whenever someone cuts themselves?
Odds of getting an answer next season: pretty high
- Who is Mr Clark’s girlfriend and did she dump him after he interrupted their date to tell some kids how to make a saltwater tank?
Odds of getting an answer: maybe
- Did insurance cover the damages to Joyce’s house, or did they have to cover it out of pocket? If so, how? If she doesn’t have the cash for a new phone, she definitely doesn’t have the cash to repair the fire/hatchet/etc damage.
Answer odds: low
- Did Mike’s mom realize the hairs she found in the basement were from a wig?
Answer odds: nil
- Why on earth did Hopper think they’d be able to get into the lab the 2nd time around?
Answer odds: medium. I think we’ll learn a lot more about Hop next season.
- What happened to the other 2 Bad Men in the scene where Hopper comes to get the kids from the junkyard? Did he pop all 3 of them or what?
Answer odds: nil
- If the series makes it up to 1988 will there be Heathers and Beetlejuice references?
Answer odds: slim
- Does anyone else refer to Steve as Steve Holt?
Answer odds: tell me in the comments!
2 thoughts on “Questions I have about Stranger Things”
My theory is that the Demagorgon was never eating people, he was taking them back to his lair to hook up gross tube things to, in order to reproduce. Sort of like in ‘Aliens’. It seems like kids have a better chance of surviving over there than adults do.
Anyway, I think one of it’s abilities is to phase between worlds, it just wasn’t aware of ours initially. I think Will is slowly turning into a Demagorgon, or at least has some of it’s traits, like it’s ability to phase.
What really intrigues me is, are there more Demagorgons in the Upside-Down? Why were the ONLY lights we saw functional in the Upside-Down were by the creatures lair/library? Is it possible the Demagorgon was once a kid who got trapped over there? If so, it would make sense for them to hole up in a library, since it’s a familiar place, maybe.
I could talk about this for hours! Hours!
Oh man I didn’t even notice the light thing in Upside Down. I definitely think that the creature is controling the phase shifting… Creepy Dr Brenner said something like “it’s searching for you” which makes me think it’s the one opening up the holes to the normal world. Or maybe due to the Big Ass Gate the link between the two worlds is thinner around there, so it can more easily pop in and out? Which would explain why it popped up in the woods and houses built on the edge of the woods.